GROUP FLORENCE NIGHTINGALE HOSPITALS
With 4 general hospitals, including a Hi-Tech “Smart and Green Hospital” opened in January 2013, a medical center, teaching hospital and a clinical research center, Group Florence Nightingale is active in every major area of medical specialization and is one of the largest and most renowned hospital groups in Europe and the Middle East.
Group Florence Nightingale continues to grow and to invest in the latest equipment and technology, as well as its most valuable asset of all - its highly trained, motivated and qualified army of doctors and medical staff. Group Florence Nightingale has thus become the only organ transplant center in the Middle East region, currently licensed to operate in five organ transplant areas.
A non-profit organization, Group Florence Nightingale has a long history and accumulated experience in the field, having been founded in 1989 as the first hospital for cardiovascular diseases in the region under the aegis of the Turkish Cardiology Foundation.
With this background, Group Florence Nightingale is widely recognized as the standard of excellence in the entire region.
GROUP FLORENCE NIGHTINGALE IN FIGURES
- 30.000 patients treated every year
- 900 beds, 41 operations theatres, 143 intensive care and emergency beds.
- 41.000 Heart Surgeries (an average of 30-35 patients every week in 2010)
- The lowest mortality rate in cardiology in Europe - 1,53% in 2010, and annual General Infection Definition of 1,53%)
- 8 Vertebral & Scoliosis Surgeries per week
- 105.000 Angiographies & Angioplasties
- 2-3 Liver Transplants per week (11 Operations in January 2011 and 84 only Liver Transplantation Surgeries during 2010 – 64 from alive, 24 from cadavers)
- 7 Stem Cell Transplantation cases per month
- 20.000 Orthopedic Surgeries
- 300 Robotic Surgeries in Urology
- 600 Liver Transplantations
- 8.000 Angiographies a year
- 2.000 invasive Cardiac interventions a year
- 2.000 Heart Surgeries a year
1st Stent Operation in the region (1991)
1st Robotic Surgery Operation in the region (2004)
1st Liver Transplantation in the region as a private hospital (2004)
1st Stroke Center in the region as a private hospital (2005)
1st Comprehensive Cancer Center in the region (2007)
INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION and PARTNERSHIPS
Group Florence Nightingale collaborates with world-renowned hospitals and medical schools to offer its patients state-of-the-art diagnostics and treatment methods:
- Methodist Hospital, Houston
- Columbia University Medical Center, New York
- Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York
- Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston
- Center for Cell Therapy and Cancer Immunotherapy, Tel Aviv
- Detroit Medical Center, Detroit
Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit